Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Wonders of the Web


The internet never ceases to amaze me. Every week I download a few lectures on diverse topics and this has been invaluable in keeping my interest and enthusaism for knowledge burning and in shaping the substantive topics I tackle in my academic research.

I thought it would be fun to put together a list of "10 excellent lectures" that I have enjoyed and learned a great deal from. Most of these talks are from Ted Talks, the best online resource for educative and inspiring talks. I hope you enjoy these lectures as much as I have:

1. Randolph Nesse on Evolutionary Medicine




2. Kerry Mullis on Science and the Experiment



3. Liz Coleman on Liberal Arts Education



4. Ken Robinson on Schools and Education



5. Dan Gilbert on Psychology and Happiness



6. Nina Jablonski on Skin Colour



7. Robert Sapolsky on the Uniqueness of Humans



8. Human Longevity



9. Stuart Brown on Play



10. Steven Pinker on the Decline of Violence



Cheers,
Colin