Monday, May 29, 2006

Stanford Conference

I have just returned from the "Human Enhancement Technologies and Human Rights" Conference at Stanford University's Law School this past weekend and it was an excellent event! The focus was on the ethics of human enhancements and the conference brought together people from diverse disciplines to address a variety of important issues. I will post something more specific about these issues once I am a bit more settled. Unfortunately I had the miss the final day of talks to catch my return flight to Toronto to make it in time to present my paper again to the CPA at York University. But it was a great experience. Many thanks to James Hughes and the other members of the conference organizing committee for putting on a first-rate conference. I learned a lot and met a number of interesting people.

As for the Stanford campus, what I can say but "WOW!". It truly is a beautiful campus. Below is a sample.
Cheers,
Colin